All Santini x Connect Sport Group Rides are FREE, please use coupon code; TDU2020 at checkout.
Wednesday 22nd January 2020 - Intermediate/Advanced hill ride including Greenhill Rd & 1 lap of the Stage 2 Stirling Circuit - 65.1km’s - 1,268mtrs - Approx 3hrs
This will be our longest and most challenging group ride for the week. We know many of you love to ride up hills, so this ride is for you! We will make our way up into the hills via Greenhill Road, another favourite climb amongst the locals. Then it’s time to tackle the Stirling loop which the pro’s will ride around 3 times later that day. We will take a slight deviation off Strathalbyn Rd to avoid traffic, but you’ll get to see the majority of the loop the pro’s will be racing around. Then, on our way back into town we will turn off the bike path descent and enjoy one final climb up Mount Osmond before arriving back at Tour Village, Santini Hub to stop and enjoy a well earned Grinders brew.
We will have 2 groups for this ride. 1 group for those that are a little stronger and enjoy climbing and 1 group for those that just want to enjoy their ride in the hills at a more relaxed pace. However, given the amount of climbing today the ride is designed for those intermediate/advanced riders who are used to climbing hills.
• Please arrive at 6.00am - 6.15am • Rider briefing at 6.20am (all riders must attend the briefing) • Depart at 6.30am sharp
*Please note that we expect all riders to be confident riding in a peloton. This is our intermediate ride, each rider should be experienced in climbing and descending. To reduce your chances of getting a puncture during the ride we highly recommend you have new tyres on your bike.
All Santini x Connect Sport Group Rides are FREE, please use coupon code;TDU2020 at checkout.
*Please note to be eligible to ride you must accept the Terms & Conditions outlined below. Course is subject to change or the ride could be cancelled as late as the morning of the ride. Safety of the riders is our priority so should we receive advice from the authorities that there is a fire risk in the area we plan to ride then we may elect to adjust the course to avoid putting riders at risk. We may also elect to cancel the ride altogether. Updates will be posted via Facebook on the Santini Australia Group Rides Event page.
Type: Shop Rides
Riding Type: Road
Riding Ability: Advanced
Time of Day: Morning
Item condition: New
- Science in Sport Nutrition Provided
- Grinders Coffee Card
- Santini Swag Bag
- Prize Giveaways
- Support Crew
- Support Cars
- Mechanical Support
Terms & Conditions
SANTINI / CONNECT SPORT JAPAN – 2020 TOUR DOWN UNDER GROUP RIDES
RIDER RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
1. As a condition of participating in the Santini / Connect Sport Japan – 2020 Tour Down Under Group Rides (“the Event”), I hereby agree that:
(a) The Organisers and promoters will not be in any way responsible for and are released and discharged from any claim or action (including, but not limited to, a claim or action based on negligence) which I or my legal personal representative might otherwise have against the Organisers and promoters in relation to death, injury, damage or loss of any kind including loss of or damage to property suffered by me in connection with the Event or my participation in the
(b) I will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organisers and promoters from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, loss, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor client basis) and expenses suffered or incurred by the Organisers and promoters or any of them whatsoever including for loss or damage to property or injury or death suffered by any person, arising out of or in any way
relating to my acts or omissions as a participant in the Event.
2. As a further condition of participating in the Event, I warrant that I will:
(a) comply with all reasonable instructions and directions in relation to the conduct of the Event given to me by the Organisers and promoters or any person authorised to give such instructions and directions;
(b) ensure that any bicycle used by me and any related equipment is properly maintained;
(c) ride in a safe and responsible manner;
(d) obey all relevant Australian road rules and comply with any other relevant laws;
(e) for the duration of the Event, have insurance cover for all risks associated with my participation in the Event (including public liability, loss of life, permanent or temporary disability, any other injury or loss or damage to property) either pursuant to a policy taken out personally or through Cycling Australia.
3. I agree that if I do not comply with any of the provisions in this document then the Organisers and promoters may immediately terminate my participation in the Event and I must then cease all involvement with the Event. I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Organisers and promoters against any claims, actions, loss, costs, liabilities or damage arising out of any failure by me to comply with the provisions of this document.
4. I am aware that the Event involves cycling on public roads and I acknowledge and agree that cycling on public roads is a potentially dangerous activity which carries with it a risk of injury or death. I also acknowledge and agree that cycling is a physically demanding activity which requires a high level of fitness and I warrant that my fitness level is such that I am capable of participating in the Event.
5. I understand that at the Event I may be photographed and/or filmed. I agree to allow my name, photo, video, image, any statement made by me or film likeness (Personal Material) to be used for any purpose by the Organisers and promoters.
6. In this document, the term “the Organisers and Promoters” includes:
(a) Connect Sport Australia Pty Ltd (Organiser) and its directors, officers, employees, agents and consultants;
(b) Bikesportz Pty Ltd and Santini Australia (Poconi Racing Frames Pty Ltd) (Promoters) and its directors, officers, employees, agents and consultants
(c) any person or body promoting, organising or managing the Event; and
(d) any person providing assistance in relation to the promotion, organisation or management of the Event.
7. Riders will be allocated 1 Swag bag over the duration of all rides.